Tuesday, July 31

Miles' 1st birthday

So I've done a horrible job of blogging since adding Miles to the family and am trying to get caught up so that in the years to come we can look back. We decided to Miles' party at our house which was a lot of work but also a lot of fun! This was the first party I'd really thrown by myself! 

I cannot put into words the love that we feel for this little boy!



 These pictures are slightly out of order, we ate pork tacos but I didn't want to take pictures of people eating! 

So the pictures start at present opening.

 Grayson is one of the funniest little boys I've ever met!
 Miles wasn't sure what to think of all these people singing and standing around staring at him so the smash cake wasn't very smashing...

 
 I don't have a picture of it, but Grayson stepped in and helped Miles out with the cake smashing :) He knew exactly what to do!
 Then it was off to play! Since we were celebrating our "little squirt" all the kids got a water squirter to play with and they were a hit!

 Will wasn't much a fan of the chaos of the other kids and Lonna so he hung out with his Uncle Dustin, love this boy and his cheesy smile :)))



 
 Reagan loves her cousin Miles.
 Our neighbors Elise and James kept Dylan very entertained! They are the best!
 The uncles chipping in to put the water table together!

At one year:
- Weight: 25 lbs (93 percentile)
- Length: 32.25 (99 percentile)
- Head circumference: 18.25 (76 percentile)

Miles David,
      I cannot believe you are one. I makes me emotional to think how fast this year has flown. I love your infectious laugh and the way that you come running to me. You are a champion sleeper and that makes your Mommy very happy. Sometimes you actually wake up early, but you're so happy to lay in your bed and talk that I wait until you get antsy to get you out. You eat EVERYTHING but your faves are fruit, especially strawberries, blueberries, and grapes. You LOVE to play peek-a-boo and are always wanting someone to chase you! You are a ClImBeR!!! Every time I turn around you are trying to climb the coffee table, dinning table, hearth, couch, you name it...you're trying to scale it! You crave your brother's attention and if you make him laugh you will do whatever you did again, and again! You could care less about the television (so opposite of Dylan). You are officially off of formula and only taking a cup are wearing a size 4 diaper! You are wearing size 18-24 months clothes and those are getting a little snug!! You aren't saying much but will ask for a high five "I - I've" and you say Momma and Dadda. If Lonna is barking you'll make a barking sound. However, you BABBLE a lot! I love it in the car!!! You have 4 teeth but are in the process of cutting two more on top. You love dogs (esp. Lonna). You are a mooooover! Always on the go, but are such a sweet boy! When you are in the mood you will give kisses and it melts my heart! I dread the next few months a little because I know it means you're going to start looking less and less like a baby and you're going to start loosing your baby fat. You have the most scrumptious chubby legs and cheeks!

    I do look forward to all the things to come but just wish it would all slow down! I love you to the moon and back and cannot wait to see even more of your rambunctious personality!

1 comment:

  1. Such a cute party - you did such a good job Tricia!! I did not see the Bait Bar when I was there - so cute!! Such a sweet boy - happy birthday Miles!

    ReplyDelete